All team building activity rests on purpose. Shared purpose is essential to successful team building. Integrating the ONPURPOSE.me module into your team building activities at work provides each person with a personal 2-word purpose statement. Power up your team building program!
In addition to powering up each person’s purpose, this common experience naturally opens up conversations at a respectful and personal level. Team bonding precedes team building. In short, when learning each other’s purpose, team members get to better know, respect, and understand others at a more human level.
The On-Purpose Principle™ at work states “The purpose of the person aligned with the purpose of the organization.” When this alignment is high, employee engagement and meaningful work exist. When alignment is low, it’s just a job or a paycheck. But how do you get to the purpose of the person?
ONPURPOSE.me is the fastest, most accurate tool you’ll find for helping team members find their 2-word purpose in life and work. It opens the door to a more meaningful grasp of the team’s Purpose, Vision, Missions, and Values (PVMV). The ONPURPOSE.me module is a simple team building activity to deliver, yet it is packed with levels of value and vitality for team development.
Even better, PVMV informs and anchors your team building process. It’s so powerful when team members share common strategic concepts and language organizationally and personally. Consistent standards in terms and concepts fosters communication and enlivens fluidity. The result is stronger team cohesion, performance, and contribution.
Target Audience Training Application
Most team development programs involve a variety of team building experiences. ONPURPOSE.me provides a fun and meaningful “day of experience,” plus a ten-day follow-up email series called Poured Wisdom creates an ongoing dialogue. Use each message via Slack, Zoom, listserve, or other internal communication tools to extend training, relationship building, and culture.
Below are just some of the environments where ONPURPOSE.me powers up your training program and experience for better learner outcomes and performance improvement.
- C-suite teams
- Office teams
- Operations teams
- Ministry teams
- Military teams
- Sports teams
Below are On-Purpose resources from which you can draw thoughts, inspiration, and insights as you prepare your team leadership training program.
- The On-Purpose Business Person: Doing More of What You Do Best More Profitably. Cohesive teams share more than a job to get done or a mission to accomplish. They share a common purpose, vision, missions, and values that, if necessary, supersede even personal differences. The Four Pillars of The On-Purpose Business Person provide the insights and tools to raise team thinking to the next level of performance.
- Do You Have a Compelling Why? The more each team member knows, understands, and expresses his or her personal purpose in and through the team experience, the greater their commitment to the other team members and the team’s purpose.
- How Solid Is Your Leadership? Teams are composed of leaders and followers whereby leadership and followership may vary depending upon the scope and task faced by the team at any given moment. Every person is a leader at some level and/or function. When their moment arrives, you want a leader showing up.
- Do You Have Killer Goals? One of the first things most teams do is set goals. But is that really the best place to start? It’s an obvious place, but typically the better place to start is a level just below the obvious. What’s informing your team’s goals?
- The On-Purpose (TOP) Performer is a full-day, interactive training for teams of twenty-five based on The On-Purpose Business Person. TOP Performer is a highly interactive training with significant implications for team development. The secret lives in its capacity to equip team members with common language, process, tools, and experience. This is only available through licensed On-Purpose Professionals. If you’re interested in becoming licensed, please contact us.
- Making Meaningful Money is a keynote speech and program that says “Success Emerges at the Intersection of Life and Work.” There’s a disease creeping into companies and teams called “All they care about is making money.” And that may be true. But if it isn’t, the concept of meaningful money is tied to the purpose of the person being aligned with the purpose of the organization.
Need further help customizing and integrating ONPURPOSE.me and your training objectives and outcomes? Join a live On-Purpose Presenter–only video conference call to ask questions or invest in a one-hour consultation. We’ll help you better connect the dots of the ONPURPOSE.me module to your program and learner outcomes.