Summary: “Who am I? Why do I exist?” Few questions haunt us as much as these two. Purpose, in general, provides insight and a bit of comfort. A 2-word purpose, discovered through ONPURPOSE.me, provides specific, meaningful, and powerfully actionable answers to these age-old questions. In short, people can stop spending their time searching for a mere sense of purpose, and start investing their lives giving expression to their clear understanding of their 2-word purpose. Here’s the key to a transformed life with world changing implications.
The generic set-up to a 2-word purpose statement is “I exist to serve by (insert 2-word purpose).” Having a reason for being provides a significant advantage over “life is meaningless” — which is the harshly stated default position. You choose: meaningful or meaningless?
In the framework of Body, Mind, and Spirit, purpose integrates and informs all three dimensions. Purpose, however, is ultimately a Spiritual question raised by the Mind with profound implications to the Body. These questions, regardless of how “good” one’s life is, left unanswered leave us deeply unsettled and adrift in a sea of both change and opportunity.
With ONPURPOSE.me, you find your 2-word purpose in life. Finally, you have a direct path to sound the inner depths of your being where your identity lives. It’s the heart of our heart where “the real me” lives. And because we know it will scare the hell out of us to go there, we pretend to be someone we aren’t! Purpose puts words on the mystery of who we are. The intangible becomes tangible. The raw dignity of our heart and the wellspring of our innate desire to make a difference finally has a name — and it is good.
We have innumerable options to misplace our identity. When our identity is wrapped up in anything or anyone else, we are forever at risk of having our identity distressed, derailed, or destroyed. Purpose is permanent and carries no risk of loss.
Target Audience Application Training: When a person doesn’t know who they are, imparting your wisdom and experience is apt to fall on rocky ground where it is hard to take root and flourish. As a trainer, coach, counselor, or advisor to those stuck in various forms of a crisis of identity, ONPURPOSE.me provides your clients with personal cornerstones for authentically building their lives from the inside out. A life with meaning longing for expression is a life of hope that’s more intrinsically motivated to get moving in a positive direction.
Identity issues typically pop up in times of life transitions where people are apt to wonder, “Who am I?” and “What should I do with my life now?” With a 2-word purpose they always have an answer. Closing the door on the identity crisis frees them to focus from knowing their purpose to being on-purpose.
ONPURPOSE.me may well be the first opportunity or step your clients have ever had to get in touch with who they really are. And you’re the person who opened that door so they could know their truest life. Below are just some of the people who can help those in the midst of an identity crisis:
Deans of Students (High School and College)
Counselors and Therapists
Spiritual Directors, Pastors, and Priests
Gender Identity Counselors
Music and voice instructors
- The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense. This best-selling book provides a personal leadership operating system that meets people where they are in their life leadership progression and identity search and equips them to move to the next level.
- FIT 4 Leading: Discover the Joy of Taking a Hard Look at Yourself. FIT 4 Leading is a concise message overcoming the top four obstacles to being true to oneself or one’s identity. This “how to” book is small in size but deep in content.
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Dr. Viktor Frankl provides the basis for surviving the worst imaginable conditions — life in a concentration camp. Dr. Frankl is the father of logotherapy, a branch of psychology grounded in the principle that the power to choose one’s response to situations is inherent.
- Are You Still Living in Trial & Error Mode? The most difficult, time consuming, and expensive way to discover one’s identity is the trial and error method.
- How Authentic Is Your Personal Brand? The integration of your personal brand and personal identity will improve both your life and your work life.
- Are You a Purpose Driven Person? Hopefully not! Purpose does not drive us; purpose calls and inspires us.
- Be On-Purpose: This full-day program provides a walk through The On-Purpose Person “life operating system” so participants go from identity to fuller expression of identity. This is only available through licensed On-Purpose Professionals. If you’re interested in becoming licensed, please contact us.
Need further help customizing and integrating ONPURPOSE.me and your training objectives and outcomes? Join a live On-Purpose Presenter–only video conference call to ask questions or invest in a one-hour consultation. We’ll help you better connect the dots of the ONPURPOSE.me module to your program and learner outcomes.