Summary: A purpose in life is the purest form of motivation. An on-purpose person doesn’t need to be motivated — they’re self-motivated to give their purpose higher and nobler expression today more than they did yesterday. A person with calling, cause, or crusade is steadfast and diligent in their quest.
The ONPURPOSE.me module taps deeply into intrinsic motivation — a person’s why. This plus the follow-up Poured Wisdom 10-part email course shapes their 2-word purpose to their life, situation, work, and circumstances.
Target Audience Training Application: If your program values a person “knowing their why,” then the ONPURPOSE.me module is the ultimate boost to your learning outcomes. A 2-word purpose statement is the pure energy fueling intrinsic motivation — it’s that potent and powerful.
- Sales person
- Team members
- Marriage partners
- Personal training members
- Sports team members
Resources: The following resources are a sampling of the On-Purpose® Approach and provided to stimulate ideas for you to more meaningfully apply the ONPURPOSE.me module to your training.
- The On-Purpose Business Person: Doing More of What You Do Best More Profitably. What does it take to have purpose energize a person or a team? When they share a common purpose, vision, missions, and values that, if necessary, supersede even personal differences. The Four Pillars of The On-Purpose Business Person provide the insights and tools to implement purpose through to the next level of performance.
- The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense is essentially an operating system for life to go from unfulfilled to fulfilled. It is a book of transformation and positive transition from what is to what can be. Thanks to ONPURPOSE.me, knowing your purpose is easy, and it feeds the inherent desire to make a positive difference, aka being on-purpose.
- The Discovery Guide is a companion workbook to The On-Purpose Person with the many forms and more detailed instructions for self-study. There’s a preview and a paid version.
- FIT 4 Leading: Discover the Joy of Taking a Hard Look at Yourself. FIT 4 Leading is a concise message of personal leadership. This “how to” book helps the reader identify and create strategies to overcome the top four obstacles to personal leadership development and success by powering up their purpose.
- Do You Have a Compelling Why? Your 2-Word purpose answers the big question, Why do I exist? When you know the answer to this question, everything else in life has context and meaning. This is a powerful and healthier place to be in your life and decision-making.
- How’s Your Self Talk? Personal motivation — a compelling reason, a why, a purpose — combined with a willingness to pay the price — passion — defines the outcome. That said, extraordinary moments of truth emerge in the midst of the ordinary that test our purpose against our progress. Positive thoughts may get us started, but will they sustain us? We choose!
- Are You Stuck? Here are the six steps to un-stick a stuck life.
- Do You Have Killer Goals? One of the first things most teams do is set goals. But is that really the best place to start? It’s an obvious place, but typically the better place to start is a level just below the obvious. What’s informing your team’s goals?
- Be On-Purpose! What lessons in life and motivation can Billy, a young boy with a strong arm, teach us?
- Webcast: Regardless of whether you consider yourself a leader or not, you have much to gain from watching the introductory webcast for the FIT 4 Leading book.
- The On-Purpose (TOP) Performer is a full-day, interactive training for teams of twenty-five based on The On-Purpose Business Person. TOP Performer is a highly interactive training with significant implications for team development. The secret lives in its capacity to equip team members with common language, process, tools, and experience. This is only available through licensed On-Purpose Professionals. If you’re interested in becoming licensed, please contact us.
Need further help customizing and integrating ONPURPOSE.me and your training objectives and outcomes? Join a live On-Purpose Presenter–only video conference call to ask questions or invest in a one-hour consultation. We’ll help you better connect the dots of the ONPURPOSE.me module to your program and learner outcomes.